1/1 Photo of Pulled Pork
8 hrs 15 mins
My brother created this recipe a few years ago. It's great for family gatherings, games days, or make-ahead meals. Many of the ingredients (garlic, chili powder, worcestershire) are easily adjustible, so feel free to modify to your particular taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) pork roast, trimmed of all fat
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 6 ounces tomato paste (small can)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (the hot stuff. Chipotle works well, too)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves (add or subtract to your heart's content)
- 1Add all ingredients EXCEPT PORK to the slow cooker.
- 2Divide pork into quarters.
- 3In a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat, sear pork on all sides.
- 4Add the pork to the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- 5Cook for 8 hours on low.
- 6After cooking time has completed, use two forks to pull the pork apart. If you are unable to shred the pork, it isn't fully cooked yet.
- 7Stir mixture to ensure all pork is evenly coated.
- 8Spread horseradish on bottom half of bun, add portion of pork, and top with shredded cheddar.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 1722.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 64.3 g