Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups packaged angel hair Coleslaw
- 6 hamburger buns, whitewheat
- 3 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
3/4 cup white BBQ sauce
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- White BBQ sauce: Combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, black pepper and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Pulled Chicken: Place 1/3 cup of slaw on bottom half of each bun.
- Top with 1/2 cup of chicken.
- Add 2 tablespoons of White BBQ sauce.
- Add 2 pickle slices.
- Place bun top on top.
The sauce is a bit too vinegary if you eat it by itself, but it's perfect with chicken. This was a great dinner - one we'll definitely be having again!
Followed your recipe right on down, but loaded the buns with extra chicken & slaw so that I actually got 4 sandwiches from the recipe rather than the 6! And, although I could have used shredded chicken breast that I always have in the freezer, shredding the BBQed chicken added a very satisfying flavor to it all! Very nice, & thanks for posting this recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
I thought this recipe was super vinegary on its own as a sauce, but when used as a marinade it's tasty. Though I don't like ground red pepper, I used McCormick's Bacon and Chive seasoning and a bit of garlic. Now, that was some yummy grilled bbq chicken drumsticks.