1/4 Photos of Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 10 mins
A personal take on a recipe from the "Slow Cooker Bible" and based on recipes typical of North Carolina styled BBQ. The sauce is tangy and flavorful but not spicy as the amount of hot sauce is just enough to balance the sweetness of the ketchup. Certainly mild enough to serve to kids. It you want more zing, add more tabasco or a chopped chipotle pepper en adobo. (If your crock pot is large enough, this easily doubles and the leftovers can be frozen.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onion in half and slice into thin half rings. Line the bottom of the crock pot with the onions.
- 2Trim the chicken breasts and place on top of the bed of onions.
- 3Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and pour on top of the chicken covering completely. (I make the sauce the night before so that it is a simple dump and run in the morning.)
- 4Cook for 6 hours on low setting. The sauce thickens and turns into a dark rich brown during cooking. At the same time the onions dissolve into the sauce.
- 5When the chicken is falling apart tender, take two forks and shred the chicken.
- 6Serve on top of split buns. I like mine toasted so they hold up better to the weight of the shredded chicken.
- 7Suggested sides include baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw or cucumber salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 862.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g