Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a Kraft recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 ounces loaf French bread, 16 to 20-inches long baguette (or 4 Kaiser or Italian rolls)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- COOK chicken and onions in skillet on medium-high heat 8 min., stirring occasionally.
- ADD barbecue sauce, water and sugar; stir. Reduce heat to medium, cover. Cook an additional 7 minute or until chicken is cooked through (165*F).
- REMOVE chicken from skillet. Chop chicken into small pieces or shred with fork. Return to skillet; stir until evenly coated with sauce.
- Cut baguette crosswise into four pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise in half. Fill with chicken mixture and top with cheese.