Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
BBQ pork, easy crock pot recipe, spicy but not over done. Serve with coleslaw.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 lbs pork shoulder
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces chili sauce (1 bottle)
- 1 1⁄4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- RUB: Combine all dry ingredients in plastic bag. Trim all skin and fat from pork. Place meat in bag and seal. Toss so rub coats meat. Refrigerate overnight.
- BBQ Sauce: Place roast in crockpot, add the rest of ingredients (may have to add a little water to raise level of liquid) and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (when roast falls apart when raked with fork it is done)
- **To spice it up even more, I add chipotle pepper to the sauce.
adopted for PAC2007- this was very good. I made along with your spinach salad as part of the football party menu. After shredding put on plate with flat leaf parsley to garnish and served alongside kimmelweck and sesame rolls. Super simple to make with many ingrediants on hand. I did not add the hot sauce but put out for those that like HOT. Very good and now a part of my regular rotation. ps- handed out recipes for this and spinach salad at the party per requests.