Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
- 12 small red potatoes
- 9 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth (or 12 oz. bottle dark beer)
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup seafood seasoning
- 2 lemons
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch slices
- 3 frozen ears corn, cut in half crosswise
- 2 lbs extra-large raw shrimp
- hot sauce
- seafood cocktail sauce
- Place the potatoes in a lightly greased large slow cooker and add the water, stock, onions, and seafood seasoning.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the slow cooker.
- Add the lemon halves, cover, and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Add the sausages and corn.
- Cover and cook another 2 hours.
- Add the shrimp, increase the heat to HIGH, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes and turn the heat off.
- Let stand for another 15 minutes before draining.
- Remove and discard the lemon halves.
- Serve with hot sauce and cocktail sauce.