5 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 small red potatoes
- 9 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth (or 12 oz. bottle dark beer)
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 2 lemons
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch slices
- 3 frozen ears corn, cut in half crosswise
- 2 lbs extra-large raw shrimp
- hot sauce
- seafood cocktail sauce
- 1Place the potatoes in a lightly greased large slow cooker and add the water, stock, onions, and seafood seasoning.
- 2Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the slow cooker.
- 3Add the lemon halves, cover, and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- 4Add the sausages and corn.
- 5Cover and cook another 2 hours.
- 6Add the shrimp, increase the heat to HIGH, and cover.
- 7Cook for 15 minutes and turn the heat off.
- 8Let stand for another 15 minutes before draining.
- 9Remove and discard the lemon halves.
- 10Serve with hot sauce and cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pull out the Newspaper Shrimp Boil
Serving Size: 1 (1007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 237.2 mg
- Sodium 1559.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: