Recipe by Chris Reynolds
These are from a Kraft food magazine. They have a surprise cream cheese center.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup maple-flavor syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup tube pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans over the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the microwave. Add syrup and stir until well blended. Drizzle this over the pecans in the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 6 tbsp of butter; set aside. Mix the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 20 biscuits; press each to flatten to 1/4" thick.
- Roll the cream cheese cubes in the cinnamon sugar until coated. Place 1 cube on each biscuit, bringing up sides of biscuit to seal edges around the cheese cube. Lightly roll into a ball shape.
- Dip top of biscuit into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon sugar. Place sugar side up in the tube pan, making two layers. Drizzle with remaining butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute in pan. Invert onto serving platter. Serve warm.