Recipe by Boca Pat
This is an old favorite of ours. I found it years ago in an issue of Reminisce and have been making it ever since. The ingredients are so simple, yet the results are so delicious. The best part of having this bread is tearing it apart and eating it warm.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good for a quick, tasty dinner bread. The taste reminded me of the cheesey biscuits we used to get at Red Lobster. I found the amount of butter to be excessive - I wonder if you menat 1/4 stick of butter rather than 1/4 cup? Most of the butter was left over. Mine cooked very quickly - just over 15 minutes, although there were a couple of doughy parts and a few overbrowned areas on the edges. But these were all minor issues - the finished product was very attractive looking and tasted very good. Thank you.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute garlic in butter, set aside.
- Separate biscuits.
- Place half in an even layer in a greased 9" spring-form pan.
- Brush with butter mixture, sprinkle with half of the cheese and herbs.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan-- serve warm.