Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great breakfast treat. Along the lines of monkey bread, but with bacon and cheese instead of cinnamon.
- 1 lb bacon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 (16 1/3 ounce) canspillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Place oil in skillet and sauté onions and peppers until tender.
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and place in bowl. Mix in peppers, onions, bacon, cheese and margarine.
- Put into 10 inch tube pan (sprayed).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.
I gave this two stars instead of one because maybe I did something wrong, and all the other reviews are good, but this was a great deal of work for a very disappointing result. Sorry seesko. This is just an opinion--I certainly don't want to offend!
I was looking sooo forward to trying this as we love bread, we love bacon, we love butter, we love breakfast so I added it to my mother's day brunch menu. Unfortunately, it just didn't taste good. I followed the recipe exactly--didn't vary (although I did cook the bacon the night before). No one complimented it and no one went back for seconds.
Again--just one family's opinion. It wasn't bad, but I don't like walking away from a dish and the best I can say about it is "it wasn't bad." Know what I mean?
Made for Photo Tag. REAlly Really simple and delicious...your family and friends are going to take their hats off to you on this one!!! I used refrigerated flaky biscuits for this, I it turned out very good...it would be a super addition to any brunch menu!
This was easy and delicious. I didn't use a bundt pan, used a round casserole dish instead. As a result the middle was still raw when the edges were done so I had to spread it all out on a baking sheet to finish baking. As a result I didn't get the effect of inverting out of the pan. Didn't make this with eggs, actually made it to go with dinner - excellent either way!