Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great breakfast treat. Along the lines of monkey bread, but with bacon and cheese instead of cinnamon.
- 1 lb bacon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 (16 1/3 ounce) canspillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Place oil in skillet and sauté onions and peppers until tender.
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and place in bowl. Mix in peppers, onions, bacon, cheese and margarine.
- Put into 10 inch tube pan (sprayed).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.
This recipe takes a bit of effort but WELL WORTH IT!!! You need to get your hands in there and squeeze the hell out of the biscuit dough in order to get bacon bits, green pepper, onion, and cheese all well blended in. But the results? OMG! It's to die for. I am totally going to make this again and again. Thank you so much for the recipe!
It's so amazing to me that so many people enjoyed this recipe/bread! I wanted to! I am a good cook but this one just did not turn out, even though I followed the recipe to the letter! I don't want to offend anyone either by my experience with it :-)
I will not use this recipe again but I am glad it worked for most of you! Mine was still raw on the inside but then it wanted to burn on the outside. Had to throw the whole thing away :-(
I followed the recipe but mine ended up raw all throughout the center...the flavor was excellent (for the outside that cooked properly).