Recipe by LMillerRN
Something different to take to brunch. From Quick cooking.
Top Review by Auntmoonie
My daughter made this for a graduation party for her husband (earned his PhD). This was a total hit and the first item gone from the buffet table. Now, I'm making it tonight for a treat while we watch the basketball finals.
- 12 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 in thickness; brush with 1 T oil.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9X5 oval on a greased baking sheet. layering as needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 5-10 minutes longer until golden brown.