Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Indian Fried Rice
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ghee or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, boiling
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook and stir rice and onion in ghee until rice is yellow and onion is tender.
- Stir in raisins, bouillon, curry powder and salt.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Stir in water.
- Cover and cook in 350 degree oven until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
Yum! I used jasmine rice added some cardamom cooked in home made chicken broth and just couldn`t stop eating this. Thanks!
I loved the flavors in this pilaf!!! I used jasmine rice and followed the recipe exactly. I used golden raisens and this really made the dish!!! Thanks for posting such a lovely dish!!!!!
This is a delicious rice pilaf! When I went to make it I discovered I didn't have any long grain rice so I substituted basamati rice and used only 2 cups of water. I also didn't have any almonds, so used toasted cashews. I also used a mixture of golden and regular sultana raisins. My husband and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks!