Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old recipe from the kids Paternal Grandmother, that I like best because it is so tasty and yet so easy to make. You can use a 1 lb. bag of coleslaw veggies to simplify this recipe. I've had this recipe since 1972 and have used it for those meals when time is short. Great to make the night before.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded (elimate these two and use 1 lb bag coleslaw mix)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded (elimate these two and use 1 lb bag coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place cabbage/carrot mixture in a large bowl.
- Dump the dressing ingredients over the top of the slaw veggies.
- Mix Well
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Mom used to hand me the bowl and chopper and let me chop the cabbage for coleslaw. I never knew moms "secret" slaw dressing before. I think I know it know. This coleslaw brought back childhood memories. Amazing the mixture of sugar & vinegar can make something like cabbage taste so good. Made for PAC, Fall 2008
Truth in advertising! Very simple, yet so good. I used pre-packaged slaw mix. Will try it with the broccoli slaw mix next time. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.