Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty lamb stew from the Puglia region of Italy. Easy to make and can be fine tuned to suit your particular taste.
- 800 g lamb
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 lemons
- 500 g peeled tomatoes
- black pepper
- fresh chili pepper (optional)
- Cut lamb into small pieces.
- Slice onion and saute it together with lamb in a good amount of olive oil.
- Let the lamb brown, add flour and stir well.
- Add wine, juice of 2 lemons,chopped parsley, pepper to season and peeled tomatoes.
- Cook at low heat stirring often for I hour or until lamb is tender.
- Serve hot on a bed of shell pasta.