Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
The hint of smoke in the North West tradition of Alder smoked fish gives this non-dairy, low-sodium, low-cal sauce a distintive flavor.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 (4 1/2 g) packet low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Coat the bottom of a small sauce pan with olive oil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and add to pan.
- Bring to boil then let simmer for 10 minutes.