A delicious, savory biscuit from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Bake in individual rolls as directed or in one whole roll, either with or without the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening or 1/2 cup lard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams, drained (you're looking for two cups of clam meat)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup tomato soup
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking sheet.
- 2Sift first three ingredients together; cut in shortening.
- 3Add milk to make a soft dough.
- 4Place on a floured surface and roll to 1/4" in thickness.
- 5Combine clams,onion, bread crumbs, salt and 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- 6Moisten slightly with some of the tomato soup.
- 7Mix well and spread mixture on dough.
- 8Roll as for a jelly roll and slice 1 1/2" thick.
- 9Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Heat remaining soup, pour over hot rolls and garnish with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puget Sound Clam Roll
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 1375.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 34.2 g