Recipe by Sharon123
These popover-like pancakes have a delectable fruit topping!Serve with your favorite fresh fruit.Get these on the table while they still have their puff!
Top Review by Derf
We enjoyed the oven pancakes very much. I Cut the recipe in half for the two of us and used sugar twin brown suger with no fat sour cream. It turned out quite puffy, reminded me of puffy yorkshire pudding. Simple and easy to make and quick too. We put blackberries from the freezer in the middle. Another time I might add a little sweetener to the puff, just so it wouldn't seem quite like yorkshire , but all in all it is a good recipe, something different. Thanks for sharing Sharon123.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced fruit (Use any of the following strawberries, pineapple, bananas, raspberries, peaches, blueberries, pears)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425*.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add flour and milk; beat with rotary beater until combined.
- In oven, melt 1 tbls.
- margarine in each of two 9-inch glass pie plates; spread to cover bottom.
- Pour batter over margarine in pie plates.
- Bake at 425* for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- (Pancakes will form a well in the center and edges will puff up.) Spoon fruit into center of pancakes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and top with sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.