Recipe by Chef Glaucia
These puffy rolls are spectacular! Yeast thrives on potato starch and produces a fluffy texture that is characteristic of potato bread. Serve them with an herb butter.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
These rolls are delightful! Lovely texture and taste. I was a bit concerned that the raw potato would not cook all the way through, but it did and it was great. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk (110 to 120 F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in the bread machine pan.
- Select dough cycle.
- When the machine beeps, remove the dough from the machine and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down and divide dough into 12 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball. Place rolls in a greased 9X13-inch pan.
- Cover rolls with a towel and let them rest in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350º F) for about 25 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and serve warm.