This recipe is really versatile. If you don't like some ingredients, you can change them to suit your taste. I've made it a few different ways but this is one of my recent favorites. Prep time includes thawing the puff pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken tenders
- salt & pepper
- lea & perrins marinade (for chicken)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (plus oil)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup white wine (or Marsala wine or chicken stock)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once puff pastry has thawed, cut it into 4 squares and roll each square out a little.
- 2Heat EVOO in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, and splash of lea and perrins. Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side (it's ok if it's not cooked all the way because it will continue cooking in the oven).
- 4Meanwhile, spread about 1 Tb of pesto, crumble 1 ounce of goat cheese, and chopped tomatoes on the middle of each pastry.
- 5After chicken is finished cooking, chop into bite-size pieces and place on top of tomatoes.
- 6To wrap pastry, bring together the 4 corners and pinch together the sides (it will make it look like a little dumpling or pouch). You can spray the tops with cooking spray, or brush with oil, egg wash or butter .
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- 8While pastries are baking, reheat the same saute pan that you cooked the chicken in and add some of the oil from the sundried tomatoes (you may need to add extra EVOO also). Saute mushrooms until browned, then season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and marsala wine, reduce heat and let simmer.
- 9Top the baked pastries with the mushroom mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy Pesto Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.7
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 344.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: