Recipe by Ewalla
This recipe is really versatile. If you don't like some ingredients, you can change them to suit your taste. I've made it a few different ways but this is one of my recent favorites. Prep time includes thawing the puff pastry.
- 6 chicken tenders
- salt & pepper
- lea & perrins marinade (for chicken)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (plus oil)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (or Marsala wine or chicken stock)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once puff pastry has thawed, cut it into 4 squares and roll each square out a little.
- Heat EVOO in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, and splash of lea and perrins. Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side (it's ok if it's not cooked all the way because it will continue cooking in the oven).
- Meanwhile, spread about 1 Tb of pesto, crumble 1 ounce of goat cheese, and chopped tomatoes on the middle of each pastry.
- After chicken is finished cooking, chop into bite-size pieces and place on top of tomatoes.
- To wrap pastry, bring together the 4 corners and pinch together the sides (it will make it look like a little dumpling or pouch). You can spray the tops with cooking spray, or brush with oil, egg wash or butter .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- While pastries are baking, reheat the same saute pan that you cooked the chicken in and add some of the oil from the sundried tomatoes (you may need to add extra EVOO also). Saute mushrooms until browned, then season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and marsala wine, reduce heat and let simmer.
- Top the baked pastries with the mushroom mixture.