Recipe by Katie Hums
This is a great hors d'oeuvre that I found in a Cosmopolitan holiday entertaining guide. My party guests loved them. I recommend using Hungarian paprika as it has better flavor.
Top Review by WaterMelon
I love the versatility of this recipe. I used the 'pinwheel' idea and made so many variations - so delicious, impressive and easy. I made some with Chinese BBQ pork, some with basil pesto and parmesan. I brushed the pinwheels with egg glaze and sprinkle with more parmesan before baking. These can be made ahead into rolls and frozen a week ahead; just slice and bake before serving. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 package freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can chopped black olives, drained
- Hungarian paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place layer of store-bought puff pastry on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, chopped black olives, and paprika.
- Roll pastry into a cylinder, cut into 1/4-inch-wide slices, and spread out flat side down about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 8 minutes or until golden.