Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great hors d'oeuvre that I found in a Cosmopolitan holiday entertaining guide. My party guests loved them. I recommend using Hungarian paprika as it has better flavor.
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 package freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can chopped black olives, drained
- Hungarian paprika
- Place layer of store-bought puff pastry on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, chopped black olives, and paprika.
- Roll pastry into a cylinder, cut into 1/4-inch-wide slices, and spread out flat side down about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 8 minutes or until golden.
I love the versatility of this recipe. I used the 'pinwheel' idea and made so many variations - so delicious, impressive and easy. I made some with Chinese BBQ pork, some with basil pesto and parmesan. I brushed the pinwheels with egg glaze and sprinkle with more parmesan before baking. These can be made ahead into rolls and frozen a week ahead; just slice and bake before serving. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
These pinwheels are great. I make them once a fortnight for afternoon tea at tennis and they disappear in no time! I have also made them with ham, cheese and basil pesto. You can use anything and they are always perfect.
What a mess this is, and it's because of inexact instructions. Please add this info: how long to thaw out frozen puff pastry, which way to roll up the "cylinder", and how much Parmesan cheese, paprika, and chopped olives to put on. It's customary to put quantities of ingredients in the recipe.