Recipe by Barbell Bunny
For a lighter tummy, top the pancakes with lite syrup and/or powdered sugar, as opposed to the butterscotch topping. I got this recipe from Everyday with Rachel Ray; however, I have altered it to be more figure friendly :]
- 8 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted (or pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to a 9-inch square baking dish and melt in the oven, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and Splenda; then, whisk in egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the pancakes begin to rise, 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, stirring, until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the sour cream, and bananas. Heat through.
- Drizzle the pancake with half of the butterscotch sauce and sprinkle with walnuts (or pecans).
- Slice and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.