Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a lighter tummy, top the pancakes with lite syrup and/or powdered sugar, as opposed to the butterscotch topping. I got this recipe from Everyday with Rachel Ray; however, I have altered it to be more figure friendly :]
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to a 9-inch square baking dish and melt in the oven, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and Splenda; then, whisk in egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the pancakes begin to rise, 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, stirring, until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the sour cream, and bananas. Heat through.
- Drizzle the pancake with half of the butterscotch sauce and sprinkle with walnuts (or pecans).
- Slice and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.