1/1 Photo of Puffy Pancake With Nutty Banana Butterscotch
Mother's Day is almost here and that day usually starts with a special Breakfast. I would be very happy if this was on my breakfast tray. COOKS NOTE: I have substituted toasted pecans for the walnuts; equally delicious. Be sure your bananas are not green or under ripe as they can impart a tart flavor in your sauce. Bananas with brown flecks just starting to appear( but still a little firm) will not leave this taste. From "Everyday with Rachael Ray" By Melissa Clark
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Place 1/2 stick of butter into a 9-inch square baking dish and put it into the oven to melt, about 5 minutes. You could toast the chopped walnuts in a separate pan, in the oven at the same time or toast them in a pan on the stove top. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn and toast until fragrant.
- 3In a large bowl; whisk the milk and eggs together. In another bowl, whisk the flour and granulated sugar together until blended, then whisk in the egg-milk mixture.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, bake until the pancake starts to rise and becomes puffy, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium sized saucepan; cook the brown sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat, stirring until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the other 1/2 stick of butter, the sour cream, and the sliced bananas; heat through.
- 7Drizzle the pancake with half of the butterscotch-banana sauce and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
- 8Slice and serve with the rest of the sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy Pancake With Nutty Banana Butterscotch
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.1
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 340.8 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 77.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g