Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been my German family tradition for years. Its a fun treat!
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lemon juice (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 400. Melt margarine or butter in pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches, in oven; brush magarine on the side of pie plate.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater Beat in remaining ingredients except lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve immediately spinkled with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
We made this for brunch this morning and it was as much fun to make as it is to eat. We poured a thin batter into the hot pie plate, put it in the oven, and were amazed at the bowl-shaped pancake that it produced. We sprinkled powdered sugar over it and DH and I used the lemon juice but the children ate it with pancake syrup. Either way it was delicious and we'll be making it again! Thanks 777177.