Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Diced tomato and avocado in sour cream sauce poured inside and over puffy omelet from the oven.
- 1 ripe small avocado
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, diced and drained
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in milk, salt and pepper; gently fold into egg whites with spatula.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In 8-inch skillet with ovenproof handle, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water, rotating skillet so that butter evenly coats the bottom.
- Pour omelet mixture into skillet, level surface gently.
- Reduce heat; cook until puffy and light brown on bottom, about 5 minutes. (Lift omelet at edge to judge color).
- Place skillet in oven; bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While omelet bakes, peel and dice avocado.
- Heat sour cream, salt and dill (do not boil).
- Gently stir tomato and avocado into sour cream mixture; heat through.
- To serve, pour part of the sauce on omelet in skillet.
- Tip skillet and loosen omelet by slipping rubber scraper, pancake turner or spatula under; fold omelet and remove to heated platter.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.