Recipe by PA Cindy
I got this from the KFC website. I haven't tried it yet but I wanted to post it here for future reference. It sounds just different enough to be good.
- 3 egg yolks
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- 3 egg whites, beaten until soft peaks form
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening or 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks until they are lemon-colored.
- Add the ground beef, salt, baking powder, pepper, parsley and onion.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Last, fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites and blend gently.
- In a 10-inch skillet heat about 1/8 inch of shortening until hot.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the meat mixture into medium heat skillet.
- Let cook about 2 minutes on each side-- do not turn meat until browned on first side (cook to 165ºF internal temperature).
- Serve as soon as done with potatoes, vegetables, or as desired.