Recipe by angelfan
My DH did not like french toast until I found this recipe in an old book. Now he loves it. it works best with day old bread.
Top Review by Laudee
This is, by far, the best French Toast I've ever had! I grew up on ole "fried bread", but, it sure never tasted like this! Really, really good, Angelfan. Thanks for posting a winner! LC
- 236.59 ml flour
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- 8 slice white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, blend milk and egg.
- Add milk and egg mixture gradually to dry mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Dip bread slices in batter. Turn to coat both sides evenly.
- Fry in greased skillet until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with syrup if desired.