Recipe by Mooseybear
I had this for dinner tonight and it was really yummy. Recipe from A Taste of Home.
- 6 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies, drained
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut along one side of each chile and lay flat.
- Coat a 13x9x3 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the chiles, tortilla strips, and cheeses in the prepared dish. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining ingredients except the paprika and salsa. Pour over the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes ur until puffy and a knife inserted 2 inches from the edge of pan comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with salsa.