Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice, comforting side dish. From my neighbor, A
- 8 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten until foamy
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potato chunks in salted water until tender; about 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your chunks. Drain. Place in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoons butter until transparent.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine mashed potatoes with the 1/3 cup butter, milk, sautéed onion, salt and pepper. Mash to combine together.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Fold eggs into potato mixture with spatula. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray and pour potato mixture into it.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until puffy and brown.
This is a top-notch potato recipe that can be made ahead...what more could you ask for? Also, it's a recipe everyone will love, no matter what their tastes. I'll be making a big batch of these tomorrow to freeze as individual servings. This has been sitting in my "want to try file" forever...It's now in my "family favorites" hard copy cookbook. Thank you Parsley, we love these.
I absolutley loved this way of preparing potatoes. I had an abundance of potatoes DH had bought on special! They weren't yukon gold potatoes, just the everyday potatoe (dont even know which ones) but they turned out just fine and the family loved them. I even had some left over which I reheated and ate the next day and they were just as nice. I will be making these again, this recipe is just the thing for a cold winters night!! Thanks Parsley great recipe.
This was very good. Light and fluffy with just the right consistency. I didn't change a think. Thanks