Recipe by *Parsley*
A nice, comforting side dish. From my neighbor, A
Top Review by Deely
This is a top-notch potato recipe that can be made ahead...what more could you ask for? Also, it's a recipe everyone will love, no matter what their tastes. I'll be making a big batch of these tomorrow to freeze as individual servings. This has been sitting in my "want to try file" forever...It's now in my "family favorites" hard copy cookbook. Thank you Parsley, we love these.
- 8 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten until foamy
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potato chunks in salted water until tender; about 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your chunks. Drain. Place in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoons butter until transparent.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine mashed potatoes with the 1/3 cup butter, milk, sautéed onion, salt and pepper. Mash to combine together.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Fold eggs into potato mixture with spatula. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray and pour potato mixture into it.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until puffy and brown.