Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Paula Deen. These need to refrigerate at least one hour so plan ahead. They can also be made in advance and frozen.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 (17 1/3 ounce) boxes frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In medium bowl, combine each sheet of puff pastry into a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Brush each with lightly beaten egg.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Roll up pastry jelly-roll fashion, beginning with long side, pressing edges to seal.
- Wrap each roll in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap rolls, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on pans for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To freeze ahead, place wrapped rolls in freezer, and freeze up to 1 month.
- Remove from freezer, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut and bake rolls as directed.