Recipe by Lainey6605
Recipe is from Paula Deen. These need to refrigerate at least one hour so plan ahead. They can also be made in advance and frozen.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 (17 1/3 ounce) boxes frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine each sheet of puff pastry into a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Brush each with lightly beaten egg.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Roll up pastry jelly-roll fashion, beginning with long side, pressing edges to seal.
- Wrap each roll in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap rolls, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on pans for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To freeze ahead, place wrapped rolls in freezer, and freeze up to 1 month.
- Remove from freezer, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut and bake rolls as directed.