Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This casserole is so yummy and cheesy...serve it along side of just about anything, or just eat it on it's own. (Note: plan ahead, this needs to be refrigerated overnight)
- 16 slices white bread, cut in cubes
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half (1 quart)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the bread cubes in a buttered rectangular casserole dish; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Pour the melted butter over the cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs well; add milk.
- Pour the milk over bread mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge, bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.