Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love pancakes in our house, this is just another version of my collection.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- icing sugar (to garnish)
- preserves or fresh fruit (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Sieve flour into bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Break the eggs into well.
- Use a whisk to slowly blend the egg and flour into a smooth mixture.
- Add milk as it thickens.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an oven-proof crepe pan on stove.
- When hot melt butter in pan.
- Pour batter into hot pan and put pan in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Pancake is done when batter is puffy and golden brown.
- Sieve icing sugar generously over pancake and drop dollops of preserve or sliced fresh fruit in four sections.
- Slice into quarters and serve immediately before it loses its puffiness.