Recipe by Judith N.
Wait until you taste fish prepared this way..it's out of this world! I have used this recipe with several types of firm white fish, not just flounder, and it hasn't failed me yet.
Top Review by Judith N.
Allyoop, I did mean to broil with the aluminum foil, that is why the distance from the broiler is mentioned. However, it sounds like you figured out an alternative method that proved to be successful and I am so glad that you enjoyed the recipe. Happy Cooking!
- 2 lbs flounder fillets or 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen flounder fillets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush one side with lemon juice.
- Place fillets, 1" apart, on oven-proof baking dish.
- Arrange onion slices over tops of fillets, dividing evenly.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture over each fillet.
- Cover baking dish with foil; Broil 6" from heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; continue broiling just until top is golden brown, about 5 minutes.