Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wait until you taste fish prepared this way..it's out of this world! I have used this recipe with several types of firm white fish, not just flounder, and it hasn't failed me yet.
- Rinse fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush one side with lemon juice.
- Place fillets, 1" apart, on oven-proof baking dish.
- Arrange onion slices over tops of fillets, dividing evenly.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture over each fillet.
- Cover baking dish with foil; Broil 6" from heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; continue broiling just until top is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Allyoop, I did mean to broil with the aluminum foil, that is why the distance from the broiler is mentioned. However, it sounds like you figured out an alternative method that proved to be successful and I am so glad that you enjoyed the recipe. Happy Cooking!
We found this recipe very tasty. I was in a quandry about the method though. Did you mean to broil with the tin foil lid for 15 minutes or bake, and if so, at what temperature? I baked the fish first for about 10 min. and then broiled for five. It tasted good and was perfectly cooked.