Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quiche without the crust. Great for luncheon or for a weeknight entree. Cod fillets, poached in crab liquid, taste just like crab.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drain and reserve liquid
- 2 (4 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped (leaves as well)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup blanched almond, sliced (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Poach cod fillets in reserve crab liquid for about 10 minutes.
- In small mixing bowl, combine crab and cod; break into chunks or flake.
- In larger mixing bowl, combine onion, celery, mayo, cream, half of almonds.
- Blend well.
- Fold in crab mixture and chopped eggs and beaten eggs.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with cracker crumbs, remaining almonds, parsley; and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in 350 degrees F.; oven for about 30 minutes or until puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Can be baked in individual ramekins.