Recipe by HokiesMom
From Very Best Baking website. This uses orange juice in the batter instead of apple cider like the other recipe here on the site plus a few other changes.
Top Review by Hill Family
I thought this was just ok. I made it just as directed but once I tasted the pancake it just was kind of bland. I spiced it up a bit with powdered sugar on one and caramel ice cream topping on another - then not too bad.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (I prefer tart apples)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar, mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet lightly with cooking spray. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place evaporated milk, baking mix, 1 tbls of the sugar, egg yolks, orange juice and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form and then gradually add in remaining 1 tbls of the sugar.
- Beat the egg whites more until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in milk mixture into egg whites.
- Pour batter into the HOT skillet.
- Gently push each apple slice about 1/2 inch into batter, peel side up, to form a spoke pattern around the batter (like a bicycle wheel).
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until pancake is set. Serve immediately!