Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Very Best Baking website. This uses orange juice in the batter instead of apple cider like the other recipe here on the site plus a few other changes.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (I prefer tart apples)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar, mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet lightly with cooking spray. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place evaporated milk, baking mix, 1 tbls of the sugar, egg yolks, orange juice and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form and then gradually add in remaining 1 tbls of the sugar.
- Beat the egg whites more until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in milk mixture into egg whites.
- Pour batter into the HOT skillet.
- Gently push each apple slice about 1/2 inch into batter, peel side up, to form a spoke pattern around the batter (like a bicycle wheel).
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until pancake is set. Serve immediately!
I thought this was just ok. I made it just as directed but once I tasted the pancake it just was kind of bland. I spiced it up a bit with powdered sugar on one and caramel ice cream topping on another - then not too bad.