Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is great for a sunday morning breakfast. And unless you are a fast cooker you don't need to pre-heat the oven untilstep 2 or 3. P.S. happy cooking P.S.S. 6 granny smith apples are advised but I use 7 or sometimes 8. You also don't need to use granny smith apples I just do because then it is sour and sweet.
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 6 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cut, and each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 177.44 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.In 12 inch skillet, with oven safe handle, heat margarine or butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 to boiling over medium high heat. Add apple wedges and cook for about 15 minuets stirring occasionally until apples are golden brown and begin to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, in blender, at medium speed, or in food processer, with knife blade attatched, blend eggs, milk, flour, salt , and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until batter is smooth.
- When apple mixture is golden brown and lightly caramelized, pour batter over apples. Place skillet in oven; bake pancake 15 minuets or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.