Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
The ultimate brunch! This rises like a Yorkshire pudding when baked. Although you can use Granny Smith apples for this, they take too long to soften, if you do use them you will have to increase cooking time when baking them in the melted butter... Golden Delicious works well with this.
- 236.59 ml full-fat milk or 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 4 large eggs
- 44.37-59.16 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 158.51 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter (cut into pieces)
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced or 2 large use 3 smaller apples
- 59.14-78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Set oven to 425 degrees (preheat oven for 10 minutes).
- In a bowl whisk together milk, eggs, white sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add in flour and whisk until the batter is very smooth.
- Place the butter pieces in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish and place the dish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the hot dish from oven and place the apple slices in rows overlapping on top of the melted butter.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake apples for about 10 minutes, or until the apple slices are slightly softened, and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and pour the batter evenly over the hot apples; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Return to the oven an bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned and puffed.
- Sprinkle with confestioners sugar if desired.
- Serve warm.
Loved it! I have made this on several occasions for friends & family and I receive rave reviews every time. I will make this again and again, Thanks!
Made this for wife's weekly breakfast in bed..she loved it and I made a few brownie points..Thanks