The ultimate brunch! This rises like a Yorkshire pudding when baked. Although you can use Granny Smith apples for this, they take too long to soften, if you do use them you will have to increase cooking time when baking them in the melted butter... Golden Delicious works well with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml full-fat milk or 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 4 large eggs
- 44.37-59.16 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 158.51 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter (cut into pieces)
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced or 2 large use 3 smaller apples
- 59.14-78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees (preheat oven for 10 minutes).
- 2In a bowl whisk together milk, eggs, white sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- 3Add in flour and whisk until the batter is very smooth.
- 4Place the butter pieces in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish and place the dish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the hot dish from oven and place the apple slices in rows overlapping on top of the melted butter.
- 6Return the dish to the oven and bake apples for about 10 minutes, or until the apple slices are slightly softened, and beginning to brown around the edges.
- 7Remove from the oven and pour the batter evenly over the hot apples; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 8Return to the oven an bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned and puffed.
- 9Sprinkle with confestioners sugar if desired.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy Apple Pancake Bake
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 248.1 mg
- Sodium 473.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g