From Williams-Sonoma Cooking with Kids- Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kids Baking, by Abigail Johnson Dodge (Oxmoor House, 2003). Eat this pancake while its still warm and puffy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 400°F Grease a 9-inch glass pie dish with butter.
- 2Prepare the apple.
- 3Peel the apple, then cut it into quarters and core. Using a small knife, cut the apple quarters into small chunks.
- 4Make the apple filling.
- 5In a small bowl, using a fork, stir together 2 tablespoons of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Add the apple chunks and toss with the fork until the pieces are evenly coated with the cinnamon-sugar.
- 6Pour the apple chunks into the prepared dish, spreading them out evenly with the fork. Set aside.
- 7Make the batter
- 8In a blender, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, the eggs, milk, flour and vanilla.
- 9Put the blender lid on securely and, holding the lid down tightly, blend on medium speed until all the ingredients are well mixed and frothy, about 1 minute.
- 10Bake the apples.
- 11Put the dish in the oven and bake the apple chunks for 5 minutes.
- 12Using an oven mitt, carefully pull out the oven rack until the dish is visible. Do not remove the dish. Pour the batter evenly over the apples. Slide the rack back into the oven and close the oven door.
- 13Bake the pancake.
- 14Bake the pancake until puffed and brown, about 25 minutes. Using oven mitts, carefully remove the dish from the oven and set it on a wire cooling rack.
- 15Dust the pancake with confectioners sugar using a fine-mesh sieve. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy Apple Oven Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.5 mg
- Sodium 41.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g