5 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1803050493's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry: A baked version of the Mexican food treat with an avocado-cream dipping sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate chicken thighs in 1/3 cup A.1. sauce (2-3 hours) refrigerated, turning periodically.
- 2Bake marinated thighs and marinade in a shallow pan (375 degrees) for roughly 50 minutes uncovered.
- 3When cooled, chop thigh meat, add 1/3 cup A.1.sauce and combine, then refrigerate.
- 4Roll both puff pastry sheets until square and about 1/8 inch thick; pierce sheets all over surface (dock) and cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- 5Trim edges of individual squares to approximate a circle.
- 6On top 1/3 of circle, place about 4 TBSP chicken/A.1.sauce mixture in a narrow line and roll from top as tightly as possible, securing the flap shut with a long toothpick.
- 7Place toothpick side down on un-greased baking sheet and continue until you have 8 flauta rolls.
- 8Bake in preheated oven (400 degrees) for 22-24 minutes until browned.
- 9In the meantime, mash avocados and combine thoroughly with the mayonnaise, putting into a dipping bowl.
- 10Remove toothpicks before serving flautas.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy A1 Chicken Flautas #A1
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1144.3
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 524.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce