Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry: A baked version of the Mexican food treat with an avocado-cream dipping sauce
- Marinate chicken thighs in 1/3 cup A.1. sauce (2-3 hours) refrigerated, turning periodically.
- Bake marinated thighs and marinade in a shallow pan (375 degrees) for roughly 50 minutes uncovered.
- When cooled, chop thigh meat, add 1/3 cup A.1.sauce and combine, then refrigerate.
- Roll both puff pastry sheets until square and about 1/8 inch thick; pierce sheets all over surface (dock) and cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Trim edges of individual squares to approximate a circle.
- On top 1/3 of circle, place about 4 TBSP chicken/A.1.sauce mixture in a narrow line and roll from top as tightly as possible, securing the flap shut with a long toothpick.
- Place toothpick side down on un-greased baking sheet and continue until you have 8 flauta rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven (400 degrees) for 22-24 minutes until browned.
- In the meantime, mash avocados and combine thoroughly with the mayonnaise, putting into a dipping bowl.
- Remove toothpicks before serving flautas.