Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is really easy to do..makes a nice presentation for dessert
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
VANILLA CUSTARD FILLING
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Heat water, butter and salt in a saucepan and bring to a full rolling boil.
- reduce heat and quickly stir in flour, mixing vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan in a ball.
- remove from heat.
- put flour mixture into mixing bowl.
- add eggs, one at a time on low speed.beating approximately 30 seconds between eggs.
- scrape bowl and beat on high for 15 secons.
- drop dough onto greased cookie sheet about 3" apart, any desired shape of form or size.
- bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
- lower heat to 350* for 25 minutes.
- puffs should be doubled in size and golden brown.
- let them cool in turned off oven for 10 minutes.
- split and fill with vanilla custard filling.
- to prepare VANILLA CUSTARD FILLING:.
- mix together pudding and milk and let set.
- add cool whip -- fill puffs and refrigerate -- .
I have made cream puffs before and filled them with pudding, but something wasn't quite right. This recipe solved that dilemma for me - adding cool whip to the pudding! Wonderful! Very easy recipe that I will make often. I did top them with chocolate chips melted in a bit of shortening.