Recipe by * Pamela *
I couldn't believe this quick snack was not a part of Recipezaar yet!! I grew up loving this and now my kids enjoy it too. I like to vary the sprinkles to match the season. Wilton has some awesome festive sprinkles that I like to use. Adding the cocoa will produce a chocolate flavour and omitting it will give a caramel flavour.Cook and prep time doesn't include cool time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cocoa (optional)
- 8 cups puffed wheat cereal
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure puffed wheat into a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add syrup, sugar, cocoa.
- When mixture begins to boil, boil for 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour over puffed wheat and mix well.
- Press into a 9X12 inch cake pan.
- scatter sprinkles while still warm and pat down to be sure they will stick.
- Cool completely.