Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate puffed wheat squares with sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1 cup sunflower seeds or 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (any kind)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place puffed wheat and seeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- This can be made in a 9 X 9 pan but I like them a little smaller and so I use a 9 X 13.
- Grease pan.
- Place cocoa, syrup, brown sugar, butter & vanilla in a mediam pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture over puffed wheat and stir until well mixed.
- Put mixture in pan and press firmly so that it is evenly spread.
- I use parchment paper place over the entire pan and press down using the palms of my hands.
- Cool. Then enjoy.