Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from my Great Aunt Alta's recipe clipping collection. She got the recipe from the Sept 19, 1969 Chicago Tribune.
- 2 3⁄4 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 2 3⁄4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup salted nuts or 2⁄3 cup peanuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cereal in a large shallow pan and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, chocolate, and marshmallows in a double boiler set over hot water, stirring as needed to make smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Grease a large bowl, then combine warmed cereal with butter mixture, sitrring until evenly coated.
- Place nuts into another bowl.
- Lay out sheets of wax paper on your counter and with greased hands, form mixture into small balls, about 1 1/2-2" in size, flattening into fat patties.
- Once you form a patty, press each patty into the nuts so the top and bottom is coatd with some nuts, but not the sides.
- Chill until firm.