Recipe by Shar-on
This is one of many "first" things Mom got us girls to make when we started baking and cooking. It was a picnic favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 cups puffed wheat cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 9 x 13 cake pan by greasing the sides and bottom.
- Boil butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa in a medium saucepan until it forms threads from a silver spoon.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add vanilla.
- In a very large mixing bowl pour this syrupy mix over puffed wheat.
- Mix well and press firmly into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- After it has hardened, cut into serving pieces.