Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
Perfect for bake sales and potluck desserts. Always the first to go.
Make and share this Puffed Wheat Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a full boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the puffed wheat and stir to coat.
- Press into a 9 X 14" cake pan.
- Let sit at room temperature until set.
Great recipe. Quick & easy, not to mention tasty. I took the advice & cooked mixture a couple minutes longer. If you like your puffed wheat squares a little chewy'r, you can cut back the wheat by 1/4 cup. I used agave for the corn syrup and loved it. Thanks for sharing.
That`s the stuff! Thank-you, I was looking for this recipe. Just a note, I find that the cake holds together better if I let the mixture boil for about 3 minutes.