1/2 Photos of Puffed up Chiles Rellenos
1 hr 6 mins
This is a great lunch or brunch dish. You can use milk instead of cream if you want a few less calories. Serve with a green salad and warm tortillas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Cover your pie crust with foil and press into the shell.
- 3Hold the foil down with a layer of dried beans.
- 4Bake 6 minutes and remove the foil.
- 5Put 1 cup of cheese in the partially baked crust.
- 6Spread on half the chilis.
- 7Repeat with the remaining cheese and chilis.
- 8Beat 4 eggs with the cream and hot pepper sauce and nutmeg.
- 9Pour over the chilis and bake in a 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 10Separate 2 eggs and beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- 11Lightly beat the egg yolks and fold them gently into the beaten whites.
- 12Spread over the hot chilis and cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and browned.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffed up Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.6
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 378.7 mg
- Sodium 659.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g