2 hrs 15 mins
As a child I remember that we used puffed rice to make some squares, but have not found a recipe on Zaars, so I have changed one of the recipes to work with making them with puffed rice cereal. The time given as cooking, is actually the setting time. Hope you enjoy them.
My Private Note
9 x13 pan
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the syrup and sugar to a boil in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, mix well.
- 2In a large mixing bowl mix the syrup mixture and cereal together, starting with 8 cups of cereal and adding the additional cup if needed. Press mixture into a 9x13-inch pan.
- 3Melt chocolate chips together in a small saucepan on the stove or place the chips in a micro safe bowl, microwaving them on MED for about 2 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. Spread the chocolate on top of squares.
- 4Let set at room temperature for a couple of hours, cut into squares and store at room temp in an air tight container.
- 5If stored in the fridge they will become VERY hard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffed Rice Squares
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4037.8
- Calories from Fat 1336
- Total Fat 148.4 g
- Saturated Fat 49.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 916.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 679.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 390.9 g
- Protein 62.6 g