Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A light and puffy side dish that goes great with any meat dish. Many variations are possible for extra flavor.
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup sour cream, reduced fat to lower fat and calories
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, eggs and salt; mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Bake potatoes until puffed and browned, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.
- FREEZING DIRECTIONS:.
- Complete through Step 3.
- store in covered dish or in ziplock baggie.
- Thaw in refrigerator over night.
- Cook in oven for 40 minutes at 375.
A great sidedish or breakfast! This is great!
This was a nice dish though I found it lacking in flavor. I used Garlic salt in place of regular salt and that didn't inhance the flavor as I had hoped. Next time around I'm going to increase the butter to 1/2 cup or one stick of butter in hopes that will help. Everything else about this dish is terrific...hence me not wanting to give up on this recipe. I'm not submitting stars until I try this again with more butter. Thank you for sharing!!!
How do you make mashed potatoes better than they already are? By making this casserole, that's how!! This is a fantastic dish. Made for PAC Spring 09.