Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy but it looks so nice at a brunch or breakfast gathering.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced or 1 package frozen strawberries, thawed
- confectioners' sugar
- Mix eggs, milk, orange juice, sugar, flour and salt in a blender.
- Melt butter in a 9 inch glass pie plate in oven until sizzling do not let butter brown.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- bake at 350 in middle of oven until puffed and brown, about 20 miutes.
- Fill pancake with strawberries and sprinkle with confectiner's sugar.
This should have been better but just wasn't. I baked it for twice the suggested cooking time and still had runny eggs in the middle. I was expecting it to resemble a pancake and it was definitely more like a custard.
Yummy! I used a cinnamon apple filling since I didn't have any strawberries .. I also cut the recipe in half and it took exactly 18 minutes, so you would have to increase the time for the full recipe .. Thanks I will make this again!
Very good. This came out lovely looking and tasted like almost like a custard. Everyone wanted seconds. This would be a nice dish for company. I had no problems following the instrucitons - they are pretty straightforward, although I did need an extra 10 minutes cooking time in my oven.