Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appetit-for Breakfast or Dessert-would be great with a little fresh whipped cream. Some reviewers on Epicurious suggested adding a bit of sugar to the batter.
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced, about 1 2/3 c
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450. Stir berries and 2 T powdered sugar in medium bowl. Let stand at room temp while preparing pancake.
- Melt butter in 10 inch ovenproof skillet, preferably cast iron, over med-high, swirling to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Blend milk and eggs in blender until smooth. Add flour and salt; blend batter just until incorporated. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake til puffed and golden in spots, about 11 minute.
- Immediately cut pancake into quarters. Transfer wedges to 4 plates. Spoon berries over top and dust with powdered sugar.